Sometimes a client comes to us with an idea and no clue of where to start. Here is a quick starter list for small business websites. A list of basic items to consider when setting down the path of bringing your website to reality.
- Grab your domain name (the www.yourname.com)
- Web hosting – some providers will give you the domain name for free for the 1st year if you sign up with them.
- Business Email Address – vital! once you’ve secured your domain get started on
- Web marketing plan – a reputable creative agency often offers these services as an add-on
- Navigation items – decide on the section of your website (about us, products, services, etc.)
- Some idea of content – content is golden for any website, begin thinking of how you will attract and retain site visitors.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – again your creative agency will should have these services as a part of their portfolio.
- Email marketing plan – very important! it’s one thing to get people to visit your website, but how will you keep the engagement going. Don’t be like the guy who attracted the girl with his good looks, but his conversational skills are blah!!!
- Social media accounts and strategy – before your website is even built you should be reaching out and building your audience.
This is a quick and dirty list BUT it is enough to get you started. Let us know if it helps. Gracias.